2010 Nevada Code
TITLE 4 WITNESSES AND EVIDENCE
Chapter 50 Witnesses
- NRS 50.015 General rule of competency.
- NRS 50.025 Lack of personal knowledge.
- NRS 50.035 Oath or affirmation.
- NRS 50.045 Interpreters.
- NRS 50.050 Interpreters for person with communications disability: Definitions; appointment required in judicial proceedings; compensation.
- NRS 50.051 Interpreters for person with communications disability: Appointment required in criminal proceedings.
- NRS 50.0515 Interpreters for person with communications disability: Appointment of registered legal interpreter required; exceptions.
- NRS 50.052 Interpreters for person with communications disability: Replacement; persons ineligible for appointment; selection and approval by person with communications disability.
- NRS 50.053 Interpreters for person with communications disability: Oath; rights and privileges.
- NRS 50.054 Interpreters for persons who do not speak English: Eligibility; oath; rights and privileges.
- NRS 50.055 Competency: Judge as witness.
- NRS 50.065 Competency: Juror as witness.
- NRS 50.067 Competency: Receipt of certain care or counseling.
- NRS 50.068 Competency: Defendant who agrees to testify against another defendant pursuant to plea bargain.
- NRS 50.070 Termination or threat of termination of employment because of service as witness prohibited; penalty; remedies.
- NRS 50.075 Who may impeach.
- NRS 50.085 Evidence of character and conduct of witness.
- NRS 50.090 Evidence of previous sexual conduct of victim of sexual assault or statutory sexual seduction inadmissible to challenge victim's credibility; exceptions.
- NRS 50.095 Impeachment by evidence of conviction of crime.
- NRS 50.105 Religious beliefs or opinions.
- NRS 50.115 Mode and order of interrogation and presentation.
- NRS 50.125 Writing used to refresh memory.
- NRS 50.135 Prior statements of witness.
- NRS 50.145 Calling and interrogation of witness by judge.
- NRS 50.155 Exclusion and sequestration of witnesses.
- NRS 50.165 Duty to appear and testify.
- NRS 50.175 Witness protected from arrest when attending, going to and returning from court or other place of attendance.
- NRS 50.185 Arrest of protected witness void; liability of arresting officer; affidavit of witness.
- NRS 50.195 Penalties for disobedience.
- NRS 50.205 Warrant for arrest of witness failing to attend.
- NRS 50.215 Examination of prisoner as witness; notification of Department of Corrections required.
- NRS 50.225 Fees and expenses of witnesses.
- NRS 50.245 Cases from municipal court brought before district court.
- NRS 50.255 Attorney not allowed fee as witness.
- NRS 50.260 "Prohibited substance" defined.
- NRS 50.265 Opinions: Lay witnesses.
- NRS 50.275 Testimony by experts.
- NRS 50.285 Opinions: Experts.
- NRS 50.295 Opinions: Ultimate issues.
- NRS 50.305 Disclosure of facts and data underlying expert opinion.
- NRS 50.310 Admissibility of affidavit or declaration of laboratory director regarding results of test performed by medical laboratory.
- NRS 50.315 Admissibility of affidavit or declaration offered to prove certain facts concerning use of certain devices or withdrawal or holding of evidence related to determining presence of alcohol, controlled substance, chemical, poison, organic solvent or another prohibited substance.
- NRS 50.320 Admissibility of affidavit or declaration of chemist or other expert witness regarding presence in breath, blood or urine of alcohol, controlled substance, chemical, poison, organic solvent or another prohibited substance or regarding identity or quantity of controlled substance possessed.
- NRS 50.325 Procedure for admission of affidavit or declaration of expert or other person to prove existence of alcohol, quantity of controlled substance or existence or identity of controlled substance, chemical, poison, organic solvent or another prohibited substance in prosecution of certain criminal offenses.
- NRS 50.330 Testimony given pursuant to NRS 50.315 or 50.320 may be given by use of simultaneous audiovisual transmission; requirements for use.
- NRS 50.345 Expert testimony to show victim's behavior or condition is consistent with behavior or condition of victim of sexual assault.
- NRS 50.400 Applicability to proceedings in civil actions; qualifications, duties and limitations on conduct of attendant; designation of attendant as witness; "victim of an act of domestic violence pursuant to NRS 33.018" defined.
- NRS 50.500 Short title.
- NRS 50.510 Definitions.
- NRS 50.520 "Alternative method" defined.
- NRS 50.530 "Child witness" defined.
- NRS 50.540 "Criminal proceeding" defined.
- NRS 50.550 "Noncriminal proceeding" defined.
- NRS 50.560 Applicability.
- NRS 50.570 Hearing to determine whether to allow testimony by alternative method.
- NRS 50.580 Standards for determining whether child witness may testify by alternative method.
- NRS 50.590 Factors for determining whether to permit alternative method.
- NRS 50.600 Order regarding testimony by alternative method.
- NRS 50.610 Right of party to examine child witness.
- NRS 50.620 Uniformity of application and construction.
EXAMINATION OF WITNESSES
ATTENDANCE OF WITNESSES
FEES OF WITNESSES
OPINIONS AND EXPERT TESTIMONY
DESIGNATION OF ATTENDANT TO PROVIDE SUPPORT TO VICTIM OF ACT OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
UNIFORM CHILD WITNESS TESTIMONY BY ALTERNATIVE METHODS ACT
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.