2010 Nevada Code
TITLE 4 WITNESSES AND EVIDENCE
Chapter 49 Privileges
NRS 49.115 Exceptions.
NRS 49.115 Exceptions. There is no privilege under NRS 49.095 or 49.105:
1. If the services of the lawyer were sought or obtained to enable or aid anyone to commit or plan to commit what the client knew or reasonably should have known to be a crime or fraud.
2. As to a communication relevant to an issue between parties who claim through the same deceased client, regardless of whether the claims are by testate or intestate succession or by inter vivos transaction.
3. As to a communication relevant to an issue of breach of duty by the lawyer to his or her client or by the client to his or her lawyer.
4. As to a communication relevant to an issue concerning an attested document to which the lawyer is an attesting witness.
5. As to a communication relevant to a matter of common interest between two or more clients if the communication was made by any of them to a lawyer retained or consulted in common, when offered in an action between any of the clients.
(Added to NRS by 1971, 783)
PROCEEDINGS OF REVIEW COMMITTEE
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.