2010 Nevada Code
TITLE 2 CIVIL PRACTICE
Chapter 18 Costs and Disbursements
NRS 18.005 "Costs" defined.
NRS 18.005 "Costs" defined. For the purposes of NRS 18.010 to 18.150, inclusive, the term "costs" means:
1. Clerks' fees.
2. Reporters' fees for depositions, including a reporter's fee for one copy of each deposition.
3. Jurors' fees and expenses, together with reasonable compensation of an officer appointed to act in accordance with NRS 16.120.
4. Fees for witnesses at trial, pretrial hearings and deposing witnesses, unless the court finds that the witness was called at the instance of the prevailing party without reason or necessity.
5. Reasonable fees of not more than five expert witnesses in an amount of not more than $1,500 for each witness, unless the court allows a larger fee after determining that the circumstances surrounding the expert's testimony were of such necessity as to require the larger fee.
6. Reasonable fees of necessary interpreters.
7. The fee of any sheriff or licensed process server for the delivery or service of any summons or subpoena used in the action, unless the court determines that the service was not necessary.
8. Compensation for the official reporter or reporter pro tempore.
9. Reasonable costs for any bond or undertaking required as part of the action.
10. Fees of a court bailiff or deputy marshal who was required to work overtime.
11. Reasonable costs for telecopies.
12. Reasonable costs for photocopies.
13. Reasonable costs for long distance telephone calls.
14. Reasonable costs for postage.
15. Reasonable costs for travel and lodging incurred taking depositions and conducting discovery.
16. Fees charged pursuant to NRS 19.0335.
17. Any other reasonable and necessary expense incurred in connection with the action, including reasonable and necessary expenses for computerized services for legal research.
(Added to NRS by 1977, 773; A 1981, 1378; 1989, 707; 1993, 263; 1995, 2715; 2003, 2117; 2005, 190; 2007, 2191)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.