2010 Nevada Code
TITLE 15 CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
Chapter 199 Crimes Against Public Justice
NRS 199.120 Definition; penalties.
NRS 199.120 Definition; penalties. A person, having taken a lawful oath or made affirmation in a judicial proceeding or in any other matter where, by law, an oath or affirmation is required and no other penalty is prescribed, who:
1. Willfully makes an unqualified statement of that which the person does not know to be true;
2. Swears or affirms willfully and falsely in a matter material to the issue or point in question;
3. Suborns any other person to make such an unqualified statement or to swear or affirm in such a manner;
4. Executes an affidavit pursuant to NRS 15.010 which contains a false statement, or suborns any other person to do so; or
5. Executes an affidavit or other instrument which contains a false statement before a person authorized to administer oaths or suborns any other person to do so,
is guilty of perjury or subornation of perjury, as the case may be, which is a category D felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.
[1911 C&P 85; A 1949, 111; 1943 NCL 10034]-(NRS A 1967, 464; 1977, 640; 1979, 1420; 1985, 129, 788; 1987, 654; 1995, 1174)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.