2010 Nevada Code
TITLE 14 PROCEDURE IN CRIMINAL CASES
Chapter 179D Registration of Sex Offenders and Offenders Convicted of a Crime Against a Child
NRS 179D.117 "Tier III offender" defined.
NRS 179D.117 "Tier III offender" defined. "Tier III offender" means an offender convicted of a crime against a child or a sex offender who has been convicted of:
1. Murder of the first degree committed in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of sexual assault or of sexual abuse or sexual molestation of a child less than 14 years of age pursuant to paragraph (b) of subsection 1 of NRS 200.030;
2. Sexual assault pursuant to NRS 200.366;
3. Battery with intent to commit sexual assault pursuant to subsection 4 of NRS 200.400;
4. Abuse of a child pursuant to NRS 200.508, if the abuse involved sexual abuse or sexual exploitation and if the victim of the offense was less than 13 years of age when the offense was committed;
5. Kidnapping pursuant to NRS 200.310 to 200.340, inclusive, if the victim of the offense was less than 18 years of age when the offense was committed, unless the offender is the parent or guardian of the victim;
6. Any sexual offense or crime against a child after the person becomes a Tier II offender;
7. Any other offense that is comparable to or more severe than the offenses described in 42 U.S.C. 16911(4);
8. An attempt or conspiracy to commit an offense described in subsections 1 to 7, inclusive; or
9. An offense committed in another jurisdiction that, if committed in this State, would be an offense listed in this section. This subsection includes, without limitation, an offense prosecuted in:
(a) A tribal court; or
(b) A court of the United States or the Armed Forces of the United States.
(Added to NRS by 2007, 2759)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.