2010 Nevada Code
TITLE 14 PROCEDURE IN CRIMINAL CASES
Chapter 172 Proceedings After Commitment and Before Indictment
- NRS 172.005 Definitions.
- NRS 172.015 Prosecution of public offenses.
- NRS 172.025 Prosecution by accusation.
- NRS 172.035 Accusations, indictments and informations to be found or filed in district court.
- NRS 172.045 Impaneling grand juries.
- NRS 172.047 Grand jury impaneled for specific limited purpose.
- NRS 172.055 Challenges to grand jury and to grand jurors: How made and tried.
- NRS 172.065 Motion to dismiss presentment or indictment based on objections to grand jurors.
- NRS 172.075 Officers of grand jury.
- NRS 172.085 Oath of grand jurors.
- NRS 172.095 Charges to be given to grand jury by court; district attorney to inform grand jury of specific elements of public offense considered as basis of indictment.
- NRS 172.097 Supervision of grand jury by impaneling judge; limitations on and review of expenditures; monthly statement by county treasurer.
- NRS 172.105 Powers.
- NRS 172.107 Limitations on use of grand jury.
- NRS 172.135 Evidence receivable before grand jury.
- NRS 172.137 Use of affidavit before grand jury: When permitted; notice by district attorney; circumstances under which district attorney must produce person who signed affidavit; continuances.
- NRS 172.138 Use of audiovisual technology to present live testimony before grand jury: When permitted; requirements for taking and preserving testimony; limitations on subsequent use.
- NRS 172.139 District attorney and grand jury prohibited from questioning attorney regarding matters learned for client or issuing subpoena for work done by attorney for client.
- NRS 172.145 Grand jury required to hear and district attorney required to submit known evidence which will explain away charge; invitations and issuance of process for witnesses.
- NRS 172.155 Degree of evidence to warrant indictment; objection.
- NRS 172.165 Grand juror must declare knowledge as to commission of public offense; investigation.
- NRS 172.175 Matters into which grand jury shall and may inquire.
- NRS 172.185 Grand jury entitled to enter jails and examine records.
- NRS 172.195 Issuance of subpoenas by grand jury; subpoenaed witnesses must be informed of general nature of inquiry.
- NRS 172.197 Procedure when person subpoenaed to appear before grand jury intends to assert constitutional privilege against self-incrimination.
- NRS 172.205 Power to engage services of skilled persons.
- NRS 172.215 Certified court reporter: Appointment; compensation; material required for and prohibited from inclusion in notes.
- NRS 172.225 Transcripts: Preparation; public record.
- NRS 172.235 Who may be present when grand jury is in session.
- NRS 172.239 Legal counsel for certain persons who appear before grand jury.
- NRS 172.241 Right of certain persons to appear before grand jury; notice of consideration of indictment; withholding of notice.
- NRS 172.245 Secrecy of proceedings of grand jury; permitted disclosures; penalty.
- NRS 172.255 Finding and return of presentment or indictment; effect of failure to indict.
- NRS 172.259 Publication of fact that no indictment was issued by grand jury.
- NRS 172.265 Names of witnesses inserted or endorsed at foot of indictment.
- NRS 172.267 Report of grand jury: Scope; purpose; limitations.
- NRS 172.269 Report of grand jury: Inclusion of recommendations to public officers or agencies; criticism must be constructive; positive statement of no indictable activity required, if applicable.
- NRS 172.271 Report of grand jury: Preliminary review by court; notification of identified persons; procedure to expunge improper material; filing and distribution.
- NRS 172.275 Discharge of grand jury; discharge or excuse of juror.
- NRS 172.285 Warrant on presentment.
- NRS 172.295 Review by person of person's prior testimony before testifying before grand jury again.
- NRS 172.305 Failure to disclose subject of grand jury's inquiry to defendant not cause for dismissal of subsequent presentment or indictment.
FORMATION OF GRAND JURY
POWERS AND DUTIES OF GRAND JURY
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.