2017 Nebraska Revised Statutes
Chapter 75 - PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
75-328 Use of personal vehicle; requirements; initial safety inspection; annual inspection; reports available.
75-328. Use of personal vehicle; requirements; initial safety inspection; annual inspection; reports available.
(1) In order to be used under sections 75-323 to 75-343, a personal vehicle shall be in compliance with the Motor Vehicle Registration Act as required for a passenger car as defined in section 60-345.
(2) A transportation network company or a certified mechanic shall perform an initial safety inspection on each personal vehicle prior to approving it for use as a personal vehicle. The inspection shall include inspection of at least the following components and such components shall be in good working order:
(a) Foot brakes;
(b) Parking or emergency brakes;
(c) Steering mechanism;
(e) Rear window and other glass;
(f) Windshield wipers;
(h) Tail lights;
(i) Turn indicator lights;
(j) Stop lights;
(k) Front seat adjustment mechanism;
(l) The opening, closing, and locking capability of doors;
(p) Muffler and exhaust system;
(q) Tire conditions, including tread depth;
(r) Interior and exterior rear-view mirrors; and
(s) Safety belts for driver and passengers.
(3) Annually thereafter, a driver shall obtain such an inspection and approval of the driver's personal vehicle in order to continue its use as a personal vehicle. A driver shall maintain proof of the current inspection.
(4) A transportation network company shall make the initial and annual inspection reports available to the commission upon request.
- Laws 2015, LB629, § 7.
- Motor Vehicle Registration Act, see section 60-301.