2017 Nebraska Revised Statutes
57-916 Violations; injunction; parties; process.

Universal Citation: NE Code § 57-916 (2017)


Violations; injunction; parties; process.

(1) Whenever it appears that any person is violating or threatening to violate any provision of sections 57-901 to 57-921, or any rule, regulation or order of the commission, the commission shall bring suit against such person in the district court of any county where the violation occurs or is threatened, to restrain such person from continuing such violation or from carrying out the threat of violation. Upon the filing of any such suit, summons issued to such person may be directed to the sheriff of any county in this state for service by such sheriff or his deputies. In any such suit, the court shall have jurisdiction and authority to issue, without bond or other undertaking, such prohibitory and mandatory injunctions as the facts may warrant.

(2) If the commission shall fail to bring suit to enjoin a violation or threatened violation of any provision of sections 57-901 to 57-921, or any rule, regulation, or order of the commission, within ten days after receipt of written request to do so by any person who is or will be adversely affected by such violation, the person making such request may bring suit in his own behalf to restrain such violation or threatened violation in any court in which the commission might have brought suit. The commission shall be made a party defendant in such suit in addition to the person violating or threatening to violate a provision of sections 57-901 to 57-921, or a rule, regulation or order of the commission, and the action shall proceed and injunctive relief may be granted in the same manner as if suit had been brought by the commission; Provided, that in such event the person bringing suit shall be required to give bond in accordance with the rules of civil procedure in the district courts.


  • Laws 1959, c. 262, § 16, p. 914;
  • Laws 2016, LB1082, § 9.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nebraska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.