2017 Nebraska Revised Statutes
57-1103 Easements across public lands; acquisition; assessment of damages.

Universal Citation: NE Code § 57-1103 (2017)


Easements across public lands; acquisition; assessment of damages.

Any person engaged in, and any company, corporation, or association formed or created for the purpose of transporting or conveying crude oil, petroleum, or other products thereof, in interstate commerce through, or across the State of Nebraska, or intrastate within the State of Nebraska, and desiring or requiring a right-of-way in the nature of an easement, for the purpose of laying, relaying, operating and maintaining any pipeline or lines for such purpose in or across any of the public lands except school lands which are not subject to the provisions of section 57-1102, the title of which is vested in the State of Nebraska, shall have the right to acquire the same for such purpose by filing with the other governing body having title or supervision thereof, a plat describing the portion or portions of land, real estate, or right-of-way necessary for the laying, relaying, operating and maintaining of any such pipeline, and the governing body shall direct the county commissioners of the county or counties through which such pipeline right-of-way is desired, shown by petitioners' application and maps, to appraise and fix the amount to be paid by such person, company, corporation, or association for such right-of-way, and assess the damages therefor. Before making the assessment, the governing body shall notify the applicant of the time and place of such hearing by either certified or registered mail, to be mailed at least ten days prior to the hearing.


  • Laws 1963, c. 323, § 3, p. 980;
  • Laws 1967, c. 466, § 1, p. 1444.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nebraska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.