2017 Nebraska Revised Statutes
Chapter 46 - IRRIGATION AND REGULATION OF WATER
46-746 Violations; civil penalty.
46-746. Violations; civil penalty.
(1) Any person who violates any cease and desist order issued by a district pursuant to section 46-707 or any controls, rules, or regulations adopted by a natural resources district relating to a management area shall be subject to the imposition of penalties imposed through the controls adopted by the district, including, but not limited to, having any allocation of water granted or irrigated acres certified by the district reduced in whole or in part. Before a district takes any action, notice and hearing shall be provided to such person.
(2) Any person who violates any of the provisions of sections 46-721 to 46-733 for which a penalty is not otherwise provided, other than the requirements imposed on a district, the Director of Natural Resources, or the Department of Natural Resources, shall be subject to a civil penalty of not more than five hundred dollars. Each day of continued violation shall constitute a separate offense.
- Laws 1986, LB 894, § 16;
- R.S.1943, (1993), § 46-674.17;
- Laws 1996, LB 108, § 69;
- Laws 2000, LB 900, § 216;
- R.S.Supp.,2002, § 46-656.63;
- Laws 2004, LB 962, § 86.