2017 Nebraska Revised Statutes
Chapter 46 - IRRIGATION AND REGULATION OF WATER
46-728 Management area; contamination; adoption or amendment of action plan; considerations; procedures.
46-728. Management area; contamination; adoption or amendment of action plan; considerations; procedures.
(1) In adopting or amending an action plan authorized by subsection (2) of this section, the district's considerations shall include, but not be limited to, whether it reasonably appears that such action will mitigate or eliminate the condition which led to designation of the management area or the requirement of an action plan for a management area or will improve the administration of the area.
(2) The Director of Environmental Quality shall approve or deny the adoption or amendment of an action plan within one hundred twenty days after the date the plan is submitted by the district. He or she may hold a public hearing to consider testimony regarding the action plan prior to the issuance of an order approving or disapproving the adoption or amendment. In approving the adoption or amendment of the plan in such an area, considerations shall include, but not be limited to, those enumerated in subsection (1) of this section.
(3) If the director denies approval of an action plan by the district, the order shall list the reason the action plan was not approved. A district may submit a revised action plan within sixty days after denial of its original action plan to the director for approval subject to section 46-731.
- Laws 1986, LB 894, § 9;
- Laws 1991, LB 51, § 13;
- Laws 1993, LB 3, § 20;
- R.S.1943, (1993), § 46-674.10;
- Laws 1996, LB 108, § 48;
- R.S.1943, (1998), § 46-656.42;
- Laws 2004, LB 962, § 68.