2017 Nebraska Revised Statutes
Chapter 46 - IRRIGATION AND REGULATION OF WATER
46-296 Terms, defined.
46-296. Terms, defined.
For purposes of sections 33-105, 46-202, and 46-295 to 46-2,106, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Department means the Department of Natural Resources;
(2) Director means the Director of Natural Resources;
(3) Person means a natural person, partnership, limited liability company, association, corporation, municipality, or agency or political subdivision of the state or of the federal government;
(4) Underground water storage means the act of storing or recharging water in underground strata. Such water shall be known as water stored underground but does not include ground water as defined in section 46-706 which occurs naturally;
(5) Intentional underground water storage means underground water storage which is an intended purpose or result of a water project or use. Such storage may be accomplished by any lawful means such as injection wells, infiltration basins, canals, reservoirs, and other reasonable methods; and
(6) Incidental underground water storage means underground water storage which occurs as an indirect result, rather than an intended or planned purpose, of a water project or use and includes, but is not limited to, seepage from reservoirs, canals, and laterals, and deep percolation from irrigated lands.
- Laws 1983, LB 198, § 2;
- Laws 1985, LB 488, § 7;
- Laws 1993, LB 121, § 277;
- Laws 1996, LB 108, § 5;
- Laws 2000, LB 900, § 137;
- Laws 2004, LB 962, § 27.