2017 Nebraska Revised Statutes
Chapter 46 - IRRIGATION AND REGULATION OF WATER
46-226.03 Terms, defined.
46-226.03. Terms, defined.
For purposes of sections 46-226 to 46-243:
(1) Department means the Department of Natural Resources;
(2) Director means the Director of Natural Resources;
(3) Incidental underground water storage has the same meaning as in section 46-296;
(4) Induced ground water recharge means the process by which ground water withdrawn from wells near a natural stream is replaced by surface water flowing in the stream;
(5) Intentional underground water storage has the same meaning as in section 46-296;
(6) Public water supplier means a city, village, municipal corporation, metropolitan utilities district, rural water district, natural resources district, irrigation district, reclamation district, or sanitary and improvement district which supplies or intends to supply water to inhabitants of cities, villages, or rural areas for domestic or municipal purposes;
(7) Underground water storage has the same meaning as in section 46-296; and
(8) Well means a well, subsurface collector, or other artificial opening or excavation in the ground from which ground water flows under natural pressure or is artificially withdrawn.
- Laws 1993, LB 301, § 1;
- Laws 2000, LB 900, § 96;
- Laws 2004, LB 962, § 5.