2017 Nebraska Revised Statutes
Chapter 46 - IRRIGATION AND REGULATION OF WATER
46-1653 Modifications to existing dam; application for approval; contents; exemption.
46-1653. Modifications to existing dam; application for approval; contents; exemption.
(1) Before commencing the reconstruction or alteration of a dam or the abandonment, breach, or removal of a dam so that it no longer constitutes a dam, the owner shall file an application and secure the written application approval of the department.
(2) The application shall give such pertinent information or data concerning the dam as may be required by the department.
(3) The application shall give the name and address of the applicant and shall adequately detail, with appropriate references to the existing dam, the proposed reconstruction, alteration, abandonment, breach, or removal of the dam. The application shall be accompanied by plans and specifications signed and sealed by the design engineer. The department may waive any of the requirements of this section if the requirements are unnecessary for the application approval.
(4) If an application is incomplete or defective, it shall be returned to the applicant to complete or to correct the defects. The application shall be corrected and returned to the department within ninety days after it is returned to the applicant or within such additional time as may be allowed by the department. If the application is returned to the department after expiration of such time period, it shall be dismissed.
(5) In case of an emergency in which the department declares that repairs or breaching of the dam are necessary to safeguard life and property, repairs or breaching shall be started immediately by the owner or by the department at the owner's expense. The department shall be notified within twenty-four hours of emergency repairs or breaching when instituted by the owner.
(6) The proposed repairs or breaching shall conform to any orders issued by the department.
- Laws 2005, LB 335, § 53.