2014 Nebraska Revised Statutes
Chapter 52 - LIENS
52-1701 - Terms, defined.
52-1701. Terms, defined.
For purposes of sections 52-1701 to 52-1708:
(1) Assignee shall mean the holder, and his or her successors and assigns, of a security interest in rents which has been created, provided, assigned, or granted by an assignor;
(2) Assignment instrument shall mean any mortgage, trust deed, assignment of leases, assignment of rents, or other instrument or agreement which creates, provides, assigns, or grants a security interest in rents;
(3) Assignor shall mean a person, and his or her successors and assigns, who has created, provided, assigned, or granted a security interest in rents to an assignee;
(4) Lease shall mean any license, lease, contract, or other agreement for the use or possession of real estate;
(5) Rent party shall mean the party that is obligated under a lease to pay rents;
(6) Rents shall mean any right to income, rents, proceeds, issues, profits, royalties, or any other payment or benefit derived under a present or future lease; and
(7) Security interest in rents shall mean any interest in rents or leases which secures payment or performance of an obligation.
- Laws 1993, LB 14, § 1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nebraska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.