2013 Nebraska Revised Statutes
Chapter 21 - CORPORATIONS AND OTHER COMPANIES
21-2080 - Number and election of directors.
21-2080. Number and election of directors.
(1) A board of directors shall consist of one or more individuals, with the number specified in or fixed in accordance with the articles of incorporation or bylaws.
(2) If a board of directors has power to fix or change the number of directors, the board may increase or decrease by thirty percent or less the number of directors last approved by the shareholders, but only the shareholders may increase or decrease by more than thirty percent the number of directors last approved by the shareholders.
(3) The articles of incorporation or bylaws may establish a variable range for the size of the board of directors by fixing a minimum and maximum number of directors. If a variable range is established, the number of directors may be fixed or changed from time to time, within the minimum and maximum, by the shareholders or the board of directors. After shares are issued, only the shareholders may change the range for the size of the board or change from a fixed to a variable-range size board or vice versa.
(4) Directors shall be elected at the first annual shareholders' meeting and at each annual meeting thereafter unless their terms are staggered under section 21-2083.
(5) If a corporation is registered as an investment company under the federal Investment Company Act of 1940, and, pursuant to section 21-2018, has included in its articles of incorporation a provision limiting or eliminating the requirement to hold an annual meeting of the shareholders, the initial directors shall be elected at the first meeting of the shareholders after such provision limiting or eliminating such meeting is included in the articles of incorporation, and thereafter the election of directors by shareholders shall not be required unless required by the federal Investment Company Act of 1940, or the rules and regulations under such act or otherwise required by the Business Corporation Act.
- Laws 1995, LB 109, § 80.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nebraska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.