2009 Nebraska Code
Chapter 51 LIBRARIES AND MUSEUMS
51-702 Terms, defined.
For purposes of the Museum Property Act:
(1) Claimant means a person who files a notice of intent to preserve an interest in property on loan to a museum as provided in section 51-706;
(2) Claimant's address means the most recent address as shown on a notice of intent to preserve an interest in property on loan to a museum or notice of change of address, which notice is on file with the museum;
(3) Lender means a person whose name appears on the records of the museum as the person legally entitled to or claiming to be legally entitled to property held by the museum;
(4) Lender's address means the most recent address as shown on the museum's records pertaining to the property on loan from the lender;
(5) Loan means a deposit of property not accompanied by a transfer of permanent title to the property;
(6) Museum means an institution located in Nebraska and operated by a nonprofit corporation or a public agency, primarily for educational, scientific, historic preservation, or aesthetic purposes, and which owns, borrows, cares for, exhibits, studies, archives, or catalogs property. Museum includes, but is not limited to, historical societies, historic sites or landmarks, parks, monuments, libraries, and zoos;
(7) Permanent loan means a loan of property to a museum for an indefinite period;
(8) Property means a tangible object, animate or inanimate, under a museum's care, which has intrinsic historic, artistic, scientific, or cultural value; and
(9) Undocumented property means property in the possession of a museum for which the museum cannot determine the owner by reference to the museum's records.Source
Laws 1996, LB 1276, § 2.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nebraska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.