2009 Nebraska Code
Shareholders' list for meeting.
Chapter 21 CORPORATIONS AND OTHER COMPANIES
21-2058 Shareholders' list for meeting.
(1) After fixing a record date for a meeting, a corporation shall prepare an alphabetical list of the names of all its shareholders who are entitled to notice of a shareholders' meeting. The list shall be arranged by voting group, and within each voting group by class or series of shares, and shall show the address of and number of shares held by each shareholder.
(2) The shareholders' list shall be available for inspection by any shareholder, beginning two business days after notice of the meeting is given for which the list was prepared and continuing through the meeting, at the corporation's principal office or at a place identified in the meeting notice in the city where the meeting will be held. A shareholder, his or her agent, or his or her attorney shall be entitled on written demand to inspect and, subject to the requirements of subsection (3) of section 21-20,183, to copy the shareholders' list during regular business hours and at his or her expense during the period it is available for inspection.
(3) The corporation shall make the shareholders' list available at the meeting and any shareholder, his or her agent, or his or her attorney shall be entitled to inspect the list at any time during the meeting or any adjournment.
(4) If the corporation refuses to allow a shareholder, his or her agent, or his or her attorney to inspect the shareholders' list before or at the meeting or to copy the list as permitted by subsection (2) of this section, the district court of the county where the corporation's principal office, or, if none in this state, its registered office, is located, on application of the shareholder, may summarily order the inspection or copying at the corporation's expense and may postpone the meeting for which the shareholders' list was prepared until the inspection or copying is complete.
(5) Refusal or failure to prepare or make available the shareholders' list shall not affect the validity of action taken at the meeting.
Laws 1995, LB 109, § 58.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nebraska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.