2009 Nebraska Code
21-19,156 Foreign corporation; withdrawal.

21-19,156. Foreign corporation; withdrawal.

(a) A foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state may not withdraw from this state until it obtains a certificate of withdrawal from the Secretary of State.

(b) A foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state may apply for a certificate of withdrawal by delivering an application to the Secretary of State for filing. The application must set forth:

(1) The name of the foreign corporation and the name of the state or country under whose law it is incorporated;

(2) That it is not transacting business in this state and that it surrenders its authority to transact business in this state;

(3) That it revokes the authority of its registered agent to accept service on its behalf and consents that service of process in any proceeding based on a cause of action arising during the time it was authorized to do business in this state may thereafter be made on such corporation outside this state; and

(4) A mailing address at which process against the corporation may be served.


    Laws 1996, LB 681, ยง 156.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nebraska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.