2009 Nebraska Code
Amendment of articles of incorporation by directors.
Chapter 21 CORPORATIONS AND OTHER COMPANIES
21-19,106 Amendment of articles of incorporation by directors.
(a) Unless the articles provide otherwise, a corporation's board of directors may adopt one or more amendments to the corporation's articles without member approval:
(1) To extend the duration of the corporation if it was incorporated at a time when limited duration was required by law;
(2) To delete the names and addresses of the initial directors;
(3) To delete the name and address of the initial registered agent or registered office, if a statement of change is on file with the Secretary of State;
(4) To change the corporate name by substituting the word "corporation," "incorporated," "company," "limited," or the abbreviation "corp.," "inc.," "co.," or "ltd." for a similar word or abbreviation in the name, or by adding, deleting, or changing a geographical attribution to the name; or
(5) To make any other change expressly permitted by the Nebraska Nonprofit Corporation Act to be made by director action.
(b) If a corporation has no members, its incorporators, until directors have been chosen, and thereafter its board of directors, may adopt one or more amendments to the corporation's articles subject to any approval required pursuant to section 21-19,116. The corporation shall provide notice of any meeting at which an amendment is to be voted upon. The notice shall be in accordance with subsection (c) of section 21-1982. The notice must also state that the purpose, or one of the purposes, of the meeting is to consider a proposed amendment to the articles and contain or be accompanied by a copy or summary of the amendment or state the general nature of the amendment. The amendment must be approved by a majority of the directors in office at the time the amendment is adopted.
Laws 1996, LB 681, § 106.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nebraska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.