2009 Nebraska Code
Filings required for domestication;
Chapter 21 CORPORATIONS AND OTHER COMPANIES
21-181 Filings required for domestication; effective date.
(ULLCA 1012) (a) After a plan of domestication is approved, a domesticating company shall deliver to the Secretary of State for filing articles of domestication, which must include:
(1) a statement, as the case may be, that the company has been domesticated from or into another jurisdiction;
(2) the name of the domesticating company and the jurisdiction of its governing statute;
(3) the name of the domesticated company and the jurisdiction of its governing statute;
(4) the date the domestication is effective under the governing statute of the domesticated company;
(5) if the domesticating company was a limited liability company, a statement that the domestication was approved as required by the Nebraska Uniform Limited Liability Company Act; and
(6) if the domesticating company was a foreign limited liability company, a statement that the domestication was approved as required by the governing statute of the other jurisdiction.
(b) A domestication becomes effective:
(1) when the certificate of organization takes effect, if the domesticated company is a limited liability company; and
(2) according to the governing statute of the domesticated company, if the domesticated organization is a foreign limited liability company.
Laws 2010, LB888, § 81.
Operative Date: January 1, 2011
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nebraska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.