2017 Montana Code Annotated
TITLE 72. ESTATES, TRUSTS, AND FIDUCIARY RELATIONSHIPS
CHAPTER 5. UPC -- PERSONS UNDER DISABILITY GUARDIANSHIP AND CONSERVATORSHIP
Part 3. Guardians of Incapacitated Persons
72-5-320. Purposes for establishment of limited guardianship
72-5-320. Purposes for establishment of limited guardianship. A petition seeking the establishment of a limited guardianship must specify the particular powers that the limited guardian is proposed to exercise and the particular areas of protection and assistance required. The purposes for which a limited guardian may be appointed include:
(1) to care for and maintain the alleged incapacitated person;
(2) to assert and protect the rights and best interests of the alleged incapacitated person;
(3) to provide timely and informed consent to necessary medical procedures and procedures implemented in connection with habilitation and training programs;
(4) to assist in the acquisition of necessary training, habilitation, and education for the incapacitated person;
(5) to exercise any other powers, duties, or limitations in regard to the care of the incapacitated person or the management of the person's property that the petition explicitly specifies, which may not be greater than the powers a full guardian may exercise.
History: En. Sec. 7, Ch. 344, L. 1981; amd. Sec. 2408, Ch. 56, L. 2009.