2020 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXXVIII - Crimes and Punishment; Peace Officers and Public Defenders
Chapter 566 - Sexual Offenses
Section 566.111 Sex with an animal, penalties.
Effective - 01 Jan 2017, 2 histories
566.111. Sex with an animal, penalties. — 1. A person commits the offense of sex with an animal if he or she engages in sexual conduct with an animal.
2. The offense of sex with an animal is a class A misdemeanor unless the person has previously been found guilty of an offense under this section or has previously been found guilty of an offense in another jurisdiction which would constitute an offense under this section, in which case the offense is a class E felony.
3. In addition to any penalty imposed or as a condition of probation the court may:
(1) Prohibit the offender from harboring animals or residing in any household where animals are present during the period of probation; or
(2) Order all animals in the offender's possession subject to a civil forfeiture action under chapter 513; or
(3) Order psychological evaluation and counseling of the offender at the offender's expense.
4. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit generally accepted animal husbandry, farming and ranching practices or generally accepted veterinary medical practices.
5. For purposes of this section, the following terms mean:
(1) "Animal", every creature, either alive or dead, other than a human being;
(2) "Sexual conduct with an animal", any touching of an animal with the genitals or any touching of the genitals or anus of an animal for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the person's sexual desire.
(L. 2002 S.B. 969, et al., A.L. 2014 S.B. 491)