2019 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXXVIII - Crimes and Punishment; Peace Officers and Public Defenders
Chapter 579 - Controlled Substance Offenses
Section 579.099 Inducing, or possession with intent to induce, symptoms by use of certain solvents and other substances, prohibited.
Effective 01 Jan 2017, see footnote
579.099. Inducing, or possession with intent to induce, symptoms by use of certain solvents and other substances, prohibited. — 1. As used in this section, "alcohol beverage vaporizer" means any device which, by means of heat, a vibrating element, or any other method, is capable of producing a breathable mixture containing one or more alcoholic beverages to be dispensed for inhalation into the lungs via the nose or mouth or both.
2. No person shall intentionally or willfully induce the symptoms of intoxication, elation, euphoria, dizziness, excitement, irrational behavior, exhilaration, paralysis, stupefaction, or dulling of the senses or nervous system, distortion of audio, visual or mental processes by the use or abuse of any of the following substances:
(1) Solvents, particularly toluol;
(2) Ethyl alcohol;
(3) Amyl nitrite and its iso-analogues;
(4) Butyl nitrite and its iso-analogues;
(5) Cyclohexyl nitrite and its iso-analogues;
(6) Ethyl nitrite and its iso-analogues;
(7) Pentyl nitrite and its iso-analogues; and
(8) Propyl nitrite and its iso-analogues.
3. This section shall not apply to substances that have been approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration as therapeutic drug products or are contained in approved over-the-counter drug products or administered lawfully pursuant to the order of an authorized medical practitioner.
4. No person shall intentionally possess any solvent, particularly toluol, amyl nitrite, butyl nitrite, cyclohexyl nitrite, ethyl nitrite, pentyl nitrite, and propyl nitrite and their iso-analogues for the purpose of using it in the manner prohibited by section 579.097 and this section.
5. No person shall possess or use an alcoholic beverage vaporizer.
6. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the legal consumption of intoxicating liquor, as defined by section 311.020, or nonintoxicating beer.
(L. 1982 S.B. 522 §§ 3, 4, A.L. 2009 H.B. 62 merged with S.B. 26, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491)
Transferred 2014; formerly 578.255; Effective 1-01-17