2019 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXXVIII - Crimes and Punishment; Peace Officers and Public Defenders
Chapter 569 - Arson, Burglary, Trespass, and Related Offenses
Section 569.010 Chapter definitions.
Effective 28 Aug 2018
569.010. Chapter definitions. — As used in this chapter the following terms mean:
(1) "Cave or cavern", any naturally occurring subterranean cavity enterable by a person including, without limitation, a pit, pothole, natural well, grotto, and tunnel, whether or not the opening has a natural entrance;
(2) "Enter unlawfully or remain unlawfully", a person enters or remains in or upon premises when he or she is not licensed or privileged to do so. A person who, regardless of his or her purpose, enters or remains in or upon premises which are at the time open to the public does so with license and privilege unless he or she defies a lawful order not to enter or remain, personally communicated to him or her by the owner of such premises or by other authorized person. A license or privilege to enter or remain in a building which is only partly open to the public is not a license or privilege to enter or remain in that part of the building which is not open to the public;
(3) "Nuclear power plant", a power generating facility that produces electricity by means of a nuclear reactor owned by a utility or a consortium utility. Nuclear power plant shall be limited to property within the structure or fenced yard, as defined in section 563.011;
(4) "To tamper", to interfere with something improperly, to meddle with it, displace it, make unwarranted alterations in its existing condition, or to deprive, temporarily, the owner or possessor of that thing;
(5) "Utility", an enterprise which provides gas, electric, steam, water, sewage disposal, or communication, video, internet, or voice over internet protocol services, and any common carrier. It may be either publicly or privately owned or operated.
(L. 1977 S.B. 60, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491, A.L. 2018 H.B. 1797)