2018 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXXVIII - Crimes and Punishment; Peace Officers and Public Defenders
Chapter 579 - Controlled Substance Offenses
Section 579.055 Manufacture of a controlled substance — penalties.
Effective 01 Jan 2017, see footnote
Title XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERSChapter 579
579.055. Manufacture of a controlled substance — penalties. — 1. A person commits the offense of manufacture of a controlled substance if, except as authorized in this chapter or chapter 195, he or she:
(1) Knowingly manufactures, produces, or grows a controlled substance;
(2) Attempts to manufacture, produce, or grow a controlled substance; or
(3) Knowingly possesses a controlled substance with the intent to manufacture, produce, or grow any amount of controlled substance.
2. The offense of manufacturing or attempting to manufacture any amount of controlled substance is a class B felony when committed within two thousand feet of the real property comprising a public or private elementary, vocational, or secondary school, community college, college, or university. It is a class A felony if a person has suffered serious physical injury or has died as a result of a fire or explosion started in an attempt by the defendant to produce methamphetamine.
3. The offense of manufacturing or attempting to manufacture any amount of a controlled substance, except thirty-five grams or less of marijuana or synthetic cannabinoid, is a class C felony.
4. The offense of manufacturing thirty-five grams or less of marijuana or synthetic cannabinoid is a class E felony.
(L. 1989 S.B. 215 & 58, A.L. 1998 H.B. 1147, et al., A.L. 2003 S.B. 39, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491)
Transferred 2014; formerly 195.211; Effective 1-01-17