2018 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXXVIII - Crimes and Punishment; Peace Officers and Public Defenders
Chapter 570 - Robbery, Stealing and Related Offenses
Section 570.130 Fraudulent use of a credit device or debit device — penalty.
Effective 01 Jan 2017, see footnote
Title XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERSChapter 570
570.130. Fraudulent use of a credit device or debit device — penalty. — 1. A person commits the offense of fraudulent use of a credit device or debit device if he or she uses a credit device or debit device for the purpose of obtaining services or property, knowing that:
(1) The device is stolen, fictitious or forged; or
(2) The device has been revoked or cancelled; or
(3) For any other reason his or her use of the device is unauthorized; or
(4) Uses a credit device or debit device for the purpose of paying property taxes and knowingly cancels such charges or payment without just cause. It shall be prima facie evidence of a violation of this section if a person cancels such charges or payment after obtaining a property tax receipt to obtain license tags from the Missouri department of revenue.
2. The offense of fraudulent use of a credit device or debit device is a class A misdemeanor unless the value of the property tax or the value of the property or services obtained or sought to be obtained within any thirty-day period is seven hundred fifty dollars or more, in which case fraudulent use of a credit device or debit device is a class E felony.
(L. 1977 S.B. 60, A.L. 1999 S.B. 328, et al., A.L. 2002 H.B. 1888 merged with S.B. 895, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491)