2018 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXXVIII - Crimes and Punishment; Peace Officers and Public Defenders
Chapter 566 - Sexual Offenses
Section 566.116 Sexual conduct with a nursing facility resident or a vulnerable person, second degree, penalty.
Effective 01 Jan 2017, see footnote
Title XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERSChapter 566
566.116. Sexual conduct with a nursing facility resident or a vulnerable person, second degree, penalty. — 1. A person commits the offense of sexual conduct with a nursing facility resident or vulnerable person in the second degree if he or she:
(1) Being an owner or employee of a skilled nursing facility as defined in section 198.006, or an Alzheimer's special care unit program as defined in section 198.505, has sexual contact with a resident; or
(2) Being a vender, provider, agent, or employee of a certified program operated, funded, licensed, or certified by the department of mental health, has sexual contact with a vulnerable person.
2. The offense of sexual conduct with a nursing facility resident or vulnerable person in the second degree is a class B misdemeanor. Any second or subsequent violation of this section is a class A misdemeanor.
3. The provisions of this section shall not apply to any person who is married to the resident or vulnerable person.
4. Consent of the victim is not a defense to a prosecution pursuant to this section.
(L. 2002 S.B. 969, et al., A.L. 2014 S.B. 491)
Transferred 2014; formerly 565.200; Effective 1-01-17