2018 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXXVIII - Crimes and Punishment; Peace Officers and Public Defenders
Chapter 566 - Sexual Offenses
Section 566.086 Sexual contact with a student.
Effective 01 Jan 2017, see footnote
Title XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERSChapter 566
566.086. Sexual contact with a student. — 1. A person commits the offense of sexual contact with a student if he or she has sexual contact with a student of the school and is:
(1) A teacher, as that term is defined in subdivisions (4), (5), and (7) of section 168.104;
(2) A student teacher; or
(3) An employee of the school; or
(4) A volunteer of the school or of an organization working with the school on a project or program who is not a student at the school; or
(5) An elected or appointed official of the school district; or
(6) A person employed by an entity that contracts with the school or school district to provide services.
2. For the purposes of this section, "school" shall mean any public or private school in this state serving kindergarten through grade twelve or any school bus used by the school district.
3. The offense of sexual contact with a student is a class E felony.
4. It is not a defense to prosecution for a violation of this section that the student consented to the sexual contact.
(L. 2005 H.B. 353, A.L. 2006 H.B. 1698, et al., A.L. 2011 H.B. 111, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491)