2018 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXVI - Trade and Commerce
Chapter 421 - Mattresses
Section 421.034 Rulemaking authority.
Effective 28 Aug 2001
Title XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCEChapter 421
421.034. Rulemaking authority. — 1. The department may adopt all rules necessary to implement sections 421.005 to 421.038, including rules regarding:
(1) Mandatory label dimensions, format, informational content, including the name, address and permit number of the manufacturer, renovator or sanitizer, working, letter size, material, placement and affixing specifications and other relevant requirements;
(2) The procedures and requirements for the application, issuance, renewal, denial, suspension and revocation of each class of permit, including, but not limited to, manufacturers, renovators, sanitizers and sellers;
(3) Adequate notice and opportunity for hearing for persons potentially subject to denial, suspension or revocation; and
(4) Any other substantive, interpretative or procedural rules necessary to implement sections 421.005 to 421.038.
2. In setting standards and procedures pursuant to sections 421.005 to 421.038, including those to protect the public's health and safety, the department may issue rules incorporating by reference uniform standards, norms or testing procedures that are issued, promulgated or accepted by recognized government, public or industry organizations.
(L. 1999 H.B. 316, et al. § 14, A.L. 2001 S.B. 110)