2018 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXIII - Corporations, Associations and Partnerships
Chapter 354 - Health Services Corporations — Health Maintenance Organizations — Prepaid Dental Plans
Section 354.650 Definitions.
Effective 28 Aug 1998
Title XXIII CORPORATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPSChapter 354
354.650. Definitions. — As used in sections 354.650 to 354.658, the following terms mean:
(1) "Department", the department of health and senior services;
(2) "Essential community provider", an individual physician, licensed pursuant to the provisions of chapter 334, who meets the requirements set forth in section 354.652;
(3) "Health care insurer", any health maintenance organization licensed in the state of Missouri;
(4) "Health professional shortage area", an area designated by the Secretary of Health and Human Services as such pursuant to the guidelines established in Section 332(a)(1)(A) of the Public Service Act;
(5) "Medically underserved area", an area designated by the Secretary of Health and Human Services as such pursuant to the guidelines established in Section 42 U.S.C. 254c(b)(3);
(6) "Medically underserved population", eligible persons designated by the Secretary of Health and Human Services as such pursuant to the guidelines established in 42 U.S.C. 254c(b)(3);
(7) "National committee for quality assurance", a private not-for-profit organization created to promote improvements in the quality of patient care provided through managed care plans. The committee's primary function is to develop and provide oversight processes, performance measurement and accreditation for health plans, and to provide information on quality to the public, consumers, purchasers, health plans and other relevant parties;
(8) "Principal site", the private office of a primary care or specialist physician located within a medically underserved area or health professional shortage area in which initial patient care appointments, routine patient care examinations, routine patient treatments and patient care follow-up occur. The term "principal site" shall not include hospitals, laboratories, nursing homes, hospice centers, surgical centers and federally funded clinics.
(L. 1998 H.B. 1302 § 1)