2018 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXIII - Corporations, Associations and Partnerships
Chapter 354 - Health Services Corporations — Health Maintenance Organizations — Prepaid Dental Plans
Section 354.621 Intermediary and participating provider requirements.
Effective 28 Aug 1997
Title XXIII CORPORATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPSChapter 354
354.621. Intermediary and participating provider requirements. — 1. Intermediaries and participating providers with whom they contract shall comply with all the applicable requirements of sections 354.600 to 354.636.
2. A health carrier's statutory responsibility to monitor the offering of covered benefits to enrollees shall not be delegated or assigned to the intermediary.
3. If applicable, an intermediary shall transmit utilization documentation and claims paid documentation to the health carrier. The carrier shall monitor the timeliness and appropriateness of payments made to providers and health care services received by enrollees.
4. If applicable, an intermediary shall maintain the books, records, financial information and documentation of services provided to enrollees at its principal place of business in the state and preserve them for five years in a manner that facilitates regulatory review.
5. An intermediary shall allow a health carrier or the director access to the intermediary's books, records, financial information and any documentation of services provided to enrollees, as necessary to determine compliance with sections 354.600 to 354.636.
6. A health carrier shall have the right, in the event of the intermediary's insolvency, to require the assignment to the health carrier of the provisions of a provider's contract addressing the provider's obligation to furnish covered services.
(L. 1997 H.B. 335)