2018 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXIII - Corporations, Associations and Partnerships
Chapter 354 - Health Services Corporations — Health Maintenance Organizations — Prepaid Dental Plans
Section 354.010 Definitions.
Effective 28 Aug 1983
Title XXIII CORPORATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPSChapter 354
354.010. Definitions. — As used in sections 354.010 to 354.380, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the following terms mean:
(1) "Corporation", a domestic health services corporation subject to the provisions of sections 354.010 to 354.380;
(2) "Director", the director of the department of insurance, financial institutions and professional registration of the state of Missouri;
(3) "Health services", the health care and services provided by hospitals, or other health care institutions, organizations, associations or groups, and by doctors of medicine, osteopathy, dentistry, chiropractic, optometry and podiatry, nursing services, medical appliances, equipment and supplies, drugs, medicines, ambulance services, and other therapeutic services and supplies;
(4) "Health services corporation", any not-for-profit corporation heretofore or hereafter organized or operating for the purposes of establishing and operating a nonprofit plan or plans under which prepaid hospital care, medical-surgical care and other health care and services, or reimbursement therefor, may be furnished to a member or beneficiary;
(5) "Member" or "beneficiary", a natural person who is entitled to receive health services, or reimbursement therefor, pursuant to a contract made by a health services corporation with or for the benefit of such person;
(6) "Membership contract", any agreement, contract or certificate by which a health services corporation describes the health services or benefits to be provided thereunder to its members or beneficiaries;
(7) "Not-for-profit corporation", a nonprofit domestic corporation organized under or accepting the provisions of chapter 355 or incorporated under chapter 352.
(L. 1973 S.B. 3 § 1, A.L. 1983 H.B. 127)