2018 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXIII - Corporations, Associations and Partnerships
Chapter 352 - Religious and Charitable Associations — Charitable Gift Annuities
Section 352.020 Character of associations which may incorporate.

Universal Citation: MO Rev Stat § 352.020 (2018)

Effective 28 Aug 1939


Chapter 352

352.020. Character of associations which may incorporate. — Any association formed for benevolent purposes, including any purely charitable society, hospital, asylum, house of refuge, reformatory and eleemosynary institution, fraternal-beneficial associations, or any association whose object is to promote temperance or other virtue conducive to the well-being of the community, and, generally, any association formed to provide for some good in the order of benevolence, that is useful to the public, may become a body corporate and politic under this chapter; any association, congregation, society or church organization formed for religious purposes, and any association formed to provide or maintain a cemetery; any school, college, institute, academy or other association formed for educational or scientific purposes, including therein any association formed specially to promote literature, history, science, information or skill among the learned professions, intellectual culture in any branch or department, or the establishing of a museum, library, art gallery, or the erection of a public monument, and in general, any association, society, company or organization which tends to the public advantage in relation to any or several of the objects above enumerated, and whatever is incident to such objects, may be created a body corporate and politic by complying with sections 352.010 and 352.060.


(RSMo 1939 § 5439)

Prior revisions: 1929 § 4999; 1919 § 10267; 1909 § 3435

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.