2018 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXIII - Corporations, Associations and Partnerships
Chapter 349 - Industrial Development Corporations
Section 349.030 Articles of incorporation, form and contents of.
Effective 28 Aug 1977
Title XXIII CORPORATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPSChapter 349
349.030. Articles of incorporation, form and contents of. — The articles of incorporation shall set forth
(1) The names and residences of the applicants together with a recital that each of them is an elector of and taxpayer in the county or municipality;
(2) The name of the corporation, which shall be "The Industrial Development Authority of the ______ of ______" (the blank spaces to be filled in with the name of the county or municipality, including the proper designation thereof as county, city, town or village) if such name shall be available for use by the corporation and if not available then the incorporators shall designate some other similar name that is available;
(3) A recital that permission to organize the corporation had been granted by order or resolution duly adopted by the governing body of the county or municipality and the date of the adoption of such order or resolution;
(4) The location of the principal office of the corporation (which shall be in the county or municipality);
(5) The purpose for which the corporation is proposed to be organized;
(6) The number of directors of the corporation;
(7) The period, if any, for the duration of the corporation;
(8) Any other matter which the applicants may choose to insert therein which shall not be inconsistent with this chapter or with the laws of the state of Missouri.
The articles of incorporation shall be subscribed and acknowledged by each of the applicants before an officer authorized by the laws of Missouri to take acknowledgments to deeds.
(L. 1977 S.B. 267 § 5)