2017 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS
Chapter 570 Robbery, Stealing and Related Offenses
Section 570.090 Forgery — penalty.
Effective 01 Jan 2017, see footnote
Title XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERSChapter 570
570.090. Forgery — penalty. — 1. A person commits the offense of forgery if, with the purpose to defraud, the person:
(1) Makes, completes, alters or authenticates any writing so that it purports to have been made by another or at another time or place or in a numbered sequence other than was in fact the case or with different terms or by authority of one who did not give such authority; or
(2) Erases, obliterates or destroys any writing; or
(3) Makes or alters anything other than a writing, including receipts and universal product codes, so that it purports to have a genuineness, antiquity, rarity, ownership or authorship which it does not possess; or
(4) Uses as genuine, or possesses for the purpose of using as genuine, or transfers with the knowledge or belief that it will be used as genuine, any writing or other thing including receipts and universal product codes, which the person knows has been made or altered in the manner described in this section.
2. The offense of forgery is a class D felony.
(L. 1977 S.B. 60, A.L. 2002 H.B. 1888, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491)
(2013) Prosecution for forgery based on defendant's signature on employment application containing false Social Security number is not preempted by federal immigration law. State v. Diaz-Rey, 397 S.W.3d 5 (Mo.App.E.D.).