2017 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCE
Chapter 413 Weights and Measures
Section 413.226 Weight and measure devices law not applicable to certain devices — applicability to certain devices.
Effective 01 Jan 2016, see footnote
Title XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCEChapter 413
413.226. Weight and measure devices law not applicable to certain devices — applicability to certain devices. — 1. The provisions of sections 413.005 to 413.229 shall not apply to:
(1) Any gas, water or electric meter used or intended to be used for measuring or ascertaining the quantity of gas or electric current used for light, heat or power, or the quantity of water, furnished by any person or corporation to or for the use of any person, unless such meter is used for charging electric vehicles at a retail location;
(2) Any measuring device used by any person, firm, or corporation selling at retail or wholesale gasoline, diesel fuel, heating oil, kerosene, or jet fuel subject to inspection in accordance with chapter 414;
(3) Any liquid meter used for the measurement and retail sale of liquefied petroleum gas or any meter used for compressed natural gas subject to inspection in accordance with chapter 323, unless such meter dispenses fuel for vehicle use.
2. The provisions of sections 413.005 to 413.229 shall apply to the following commercial weighing and measuring equipment used for measuring and ascertaining the quantity of gas, electricity, or fuel for vehicle use:
(1) Compressed natural gas meters;
(2) Liquefied natural gas meters;
(3) Electrical charging stations; and
(4) Hydrogen fuel meters.
(L. 1994 S.B. 729, A.L. 2014 H.B. 2141)