2017 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCE
Chapter 413 Weights and Measures
Section 413.015 Division of weights and measures — established — director and staff, expenses, compensation — powers and duties of division.
Effective 28 Aug 2002
Title XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCEChapter 413
413.015. Division of weights and measures — established — director and staff, expenses, compensation — powers and duties of division. — 1. There is established a "Division of Weights and Measures" within the department of agriculture. There shall be a director of weights and measures and such other necessary technical, supervisory and clerical personnel as may be required.
2. The compensation of all employees, the cost of all necessary equipment and supplies, travel and contingent expenses for the division shall be paid from appropriations for these purposes, made by the general assembly.
3. The division is charged with, but not limited to, performing the following functions on behalf of the citizens of the state:
(1) Assuring that weights and measures in commercial service within the state are suitable for their intended use, properly installed, accurate and are so maintained by their owner or user;
(2) Preventing unfair or deceptive dealing by weight or measure in any commodity or service advertised, packaged, sold or purchased within this state;
(3) Making available to all users of physical standards or weighing and measuring equipment the precision calibration and related metrological certification capabilities of the weights and measures facilities of the division;
(4) Promoting uniformity, to the extent practicable and desirable, between weights and measures requirements of this state and those of other states and federal agencies; and
(5) Encouraging and promoting desirable economic and agricultural growth while protecting the public through the adoption by rule of weights and measures requirements as necessary to assure equity among buyers and sellers.
(L. 1983 H.B. 729, A.L. 1994 H.B. 729, A.L. 2002 S.B. 1071)