2017 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCE
Chapter 403 Security Transfers by Fiduciaries
Section 403.250 Definitions.
Effective 28 Aug 1959
Title XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCEChapter 403
403.250. Definitions. — In sections 403.250 to 403.350, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Assignment" includes any written stock power, bond power, bill of sale, deed, declaration of trust or other instrument of transfer;
(2) "Claim of beneficial interest" includes a claim of any interest by a decedent's legatee, distributee, heir or creditor, a beneficiary under a trust, a ward, a beneficial owner of a security registered in the name of a nominee, or a minor owner of a security registered in the name of a custodian, or a claim of any similar interest, whether the claim is asserted by the claimant or by a fiduciary or by any other authorized person on his behalf, and includes a claim that the transfer would be in breach of fiduciary duties;
(3) "Corporation" means a private or public corporation, association or trust issuing a security;
(4) "Fiduciary" means an executor, administrator, trustee, guardian, committee, conservator, curator, tutor, custodian or nominee;
(5) "Person" includes an individual, a corporation, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, two or more persons having a joint or common interest, or any other legal or commercial entity;
(6) "Security" includes any share of stock, bond, debenture, note or other security issued by a corporation which is registered as to ownership on the books of the corporation;
(7) "Transfer" means a change on the books of a corporation in the registered ownership of a security;
(8) "Transfer agent" means a person employed or authorized by a corporation to transfer securities issued by the corporation.
(L. 1959 S.B. 241 § 1)