2017 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XI EDUCATION AND LIBRARIES
Chapter 167 Pupils and Special Services
Section 167.638 Meningitis immunization, brochure, contents.
Effective 28 Aug 2016
Title XI EDUCATION AND LIBRARIESChapter 167
*167.638. Meningitis immunization, brochure, contents. — The department of health and senior services shall develop an informational brochure relating to meningococcal disease that states that immunizations against meningococcal disease are available. The department shall make the brochure available on its website and shall notify every public institution of higher education in this state of the availability of the brochure. Each public institution of higher education shall provide a copy of the brochure to all students and if the student is under eighteen years of age, to the student’s parent or guardian. Such information in the brochure shall include:
(1) The risk factors for and symptoms of meningococcal disease, how it may be diagnosed, and its possible consequences if untreated;
(2) How meningococcal disease is transmitted;
(3) The latest scientific information on meningococcal disease immunization and its effectiveness, including information on all meningococcal vaccines receiving a Category A or B recommendation from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices;
(4) A statement that any questions or concerns regarding immunization against meningococcal disease may be answered by contacting the individuals’s health care provider; and
(5) A recommendation that the current student or entering student receive meningococcal vaccines in accordance with current Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
(L. 2013 S.B. 197, A.L. 2016 S.B. 608 merged with S.B. 635)
Effective 8-28-16 (S.B. 635); *10-14-16 (S.B. 608), see § 21.250
*S.B. 608 was vetoed July 5, 2016. The veto was overridden on September 14, 2016.