2017 Missouri Revised Statutes
Title XI EDUCATION AND LIBRARIES
Chapter 167 Pupils and Special Services
Section 167.183 Immunization records, disclosure, to whom — disclosure for unauthorized purpose, liability.
Effective 06 Jul 1992, see footnote
Title XI EDUCATION AND LIBRARIESChapter 167
167.183. Immunization records, disclosure, to whom — disclosure for unauthorized purpose, liability. — 1. Information and records pertaining to the immunization status of persons against childhood diseases as required by section 167.181 and section 210.003 may be disclosed and exchanged without a parent's or guardian's written release authorizing such disclosure, to the following, who need to know such information to assure compliance with state statutes or to achieve age-appropriate immunization status for children:
(1) Employees of public agencies, departments and political subdivisions;
(2) Health records staff of school districts and child care facilities;
(3) Persons other than public employees who are entrusted with the regular care of those under the care and custody of a state agency including, but not limited to, operators of day care facilities, group homes, residential care facilities and adoptive or foster parents;
(4) Health care professionals.
2. If any person, authorized in subsection 1 of this section, discloses such information for any other purpose, it is an unauthorized release of confidential information and the person shall be liable for civil damages.
(L. 1992 S.B. 611)