2017 Missouri Revised Statutes
Chapter 167 Pupils and Special Services
Section 167.122 Placed pupils, notification of district, distribution of information.

Universal Citation: MO Rev Stat § 167.122 (2017)

Effective 28 Aug 2014


Chapter 167

167.122. Placed pupils, notification of district, distribution of information. — 1. Notwithstanding any provisions of chapter 211 or chapter 610 to the contrary the juvenile officer or an employee of the children's division shall notify the school district that a child under judicial custody pursuant to subsection 3 of section 211.031 is being enrolled in that district or that a child already enrolled has been taken into judicial custody.

2. The notification shall be given to the superintendent of schools or a designee, either orally or in writing, at the time of enrollment or no later than five days following the court taking custody of the child under subsection 3 of section 211.031. If the report is made orally, written notice shall follow in a timely manner. The notification shall describe any conduct that involved physical force with the intent to do serious bodily harm to another person but shall not include the name of any victim other than the child.

3. The superintendent or a designee is authorized to share this information with teachers and other school district employees with a need to know while acting within the scope of their assigned duties pursuant to subsection 2 of section 160.261. Any information received by school district officials pursuant to this section shall be received in confidence and used for the limited purposes of assuring that good order and discipline is maintained in the school, or for intervention and counseling purposes for the benefit of the child. The information shall not be part of the child's permanent record. The information shall not be used as the sole basis for denying educational services to a pupil.

(L. 1998 H.B. 1683, A.L. 2014 H.B. 1299 Revision)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.