2016 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS (556-600)
Chapter 579 Controlled Substance Offenses
Section 579.055 Manufacture of a controlled substance--penalties.
579.055. 1. A person commits the offense of manufacture of a controlled substance if, except as authorized in this chapter or chapter 195, he or she:
(1) Knowingly manufactures, produces, or grows a controlled substance;
(2) Attempts to manufacture, produce, or grow a controlled substance; or
(3) Knowingly possesses a controlled substance with the intent to manufacture, produce, or grow any amount of controlled substance.
2. The offense of manufacturing or attempting to manufacture any amount of controlled substance is a class B felony when committed within two thousand feet of the real property comprising a public or private elementary, vocational, or secondary school, community college, college, or university. It is a class A felony if a person has suffered serious physical injury or has died as a result of a fire or explosion started in an attempt by the defendant to produce methamphetamine.
3. The offense of manufacturing or attempting to manufacture any amount of a controlled substance, except thirty-five grams or less of marijuana or synthetic cannabinoid, is a class C felony.
4. The offense of manufacturing thirty-five grams or less of marijuana or synthetic cannabinoid is a class E felony.
(L. 1989 S.B. 215 & 58, A.L. 1998 H.B. 1147, et al., A.L. 2003 S.B. 39, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491)
Transferred 2014; formerly 195.211; Effective 1-01-17
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.