2016 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS (556-600)
Chapter 579 Controlled Substance Offenses
Section 579.045 Fraudulently attempting to obtain a controlled substance--penalty.
579.045. 1. A person commits the offense of fraudulently attempting to obtain a controlled substance if he or she knowingly obtains or attempts to obtain a controlled substance, or knowingly procures or attempts to procure an administration of the controlled substance by fraud. The offense of fraudulently attempting to obtain a controlled substance shall include, but shall not be limited to nor be limited by, the following:
(1) Knowingly making a false statement in any prescription, order, report, or record, required by this chapter or chapter 195;
(2) For the purpose of obtaining a controlled substance, falsely assuming the title of, or representing oneself to be, a manufacturer, wholesaler, pharmacist, physician, dentist, podiatrist, veterinarian, nurse, or other authorized person;
(3) Making or uttering any false or forged prescription or false or forged written order;
(4) Affixing any false or forged label to a package or receptacle containing controlled substances;
(5) Possess a false or forged prescription with intent to obtain a controlled substance.
2. The offense of fraudulently attempting to obtain a controlled substance is a class E felony.
3. Information communicated to a physician in an effort unlawfully to procure a controlled substance or unlawfully to procure the administration of any such drug is not deemed a privileged communication; provided, however, that no physician or surgeon shall be competent to testify concerning any information which he or she may have acquired from any patient while attending him or her in a professional character and which information was necessary to enable him or her to prescribe for such patient as a physician, or to perform any act for him or her as a surgeon.
(L. 1989 S.B. 215 & 58, A.L. 1997 H.B. 635, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491)
Transferred 2014; formerly 195.204; Effective 1-01-17
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.