2016 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS (556-600)
Chapter 572 Gambling
Section 572.060 Possession of gambling records in the second degree--penalty.
572.060. 1. A person commits the offense of possession of gambling records in the second degree if, with knowledge of the contents thereof, he or she possesses any gambling record of a kind used:
(1) In the operation or promotion of a bookmaking scheme or enterprise; or
(2) In the operation, promotion or playing of a lottery or policy scheme or enterprise.
2. No offense is committed under subdivision (1) of subsection 1 of this section if the gambling record possessed by the person constituted, reflected or represented bets in a number not exceeding ten.
3. The defendant shall have the burden of injecting the issue under subsection 2.
4. The offense of possession of gambling records in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor.
(L. 1977 S.B. 60, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.