2016 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVI STATUTORY ACTIONS AND TORTS (521-538)
Chapter 538 Tort Actions Based on Improper Health Care
- Chapter Cross References
- Section 538.205 Definitions.
- Section 538.210 No common law cause of action--limitation on noneconomic damages--jury not to be informed of limit--limit--punitive damages, requirements--annual increase on damages limit, amount--nonseverability clause.
- Section 538.215 Damage itemization by trier of fact--excess noneconomic damages to be reduced by court.
- Section 538.220 Damages, how paid--security required for future damage payments, when, duration--attorney's fees--death of judgment creditor, effect.
- Section 538.225 Affidavit by a health care provider certifying merit of case--legally qualified health care provider, defined--content filed, when--failure to file, effect--in camera review, when.
- Section 538.228 Immunity from civil liability for certain health care professionals and entities, when.
- Section 538.229 Certain statements, writings, and benevolent gestures inadmissible, when--definitions.
- Section 538.232 Venue for certain actions against health care providers, where.
- Section 538.235 Laws applicable to what actions.
- Section 538.300 Certain laws not applicable to sections 538.205 to 538.230.
- Section 538.305 Applicability to causes of action, when.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.