2016 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVI STATUTORY ACTIONS AND TORTS (521-538)
Chapter 535 Landlord-Tenant Actions
- Chapter Cross References
- Section 535.010 If rent be not paid as agreed, landlord may recover possession, how.
- Section 535.020 Procedure to recover possession--filing of statement--issuance of summons--procedure.
- Section 535.030 Service of summons--court date included in summons.
- Section 535.040 Upon return of summons, cause to be heard--landlord not liable, when--landlord notification of property left by tenant.
- Section 535.050 Process shall not issue until expiration of lease, when.
- Section 535.060 Demand of rent good, when.
- Section 535.070 Purchaser of leased lands may recover possession.
- Section 535.081 Rent recovery, successor in title, notice required--notice may be attached to notarized affidavit (counties of the first classification).
- Section 535.090 Complaint, contents--proof of trial.
- Section 535.100 Change of judge and venue same as under chapter 517.
- Section 535.110 Appeals, defendant to furnish bond to stay execution--additional conditions.
- Section 535.120 Action brought, when.
- Section 535.130 Summons in such action, how served.
- Section 535.140 Service shall stand instead of demand.
- Section 535.150 Judgment for recovery of demised premises.
- Section 535.160 Tender of rent and costs on judgment date, effect--not bar to landlord's appeal--no stay of execution if no money judgment, exceptions.
- Section 535.170 Lessee barred from relief, when--appeal permitted, when.
- Section 535.180 Reservation in favor of mortgagee of lease in such case.
- Section 535.185 Tenant to be furnished address of person managing property and address to receive notices and service of process--post office box address, procedure--violation, effect.
- Section 535.200 Landlord-tenant court authorized in City of St. Louis, jurisdiction--landlord-tenant commissioners, powers and qualifications--landlord-tenant court procedures.
- Section 535.210 Landlord-tenant court authorized in Jackson County, jurisdiction--landlord-tenant commissioners, powers and qualifications--landlord-tenant court procedures.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.