2016 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXIX CONDUCT OF PUBLIC BUSINESS (610)
Chapter 610 Governmental Bodies and Records
- Chapter Cross References
- Section 610.010 Definitions.
- Section 610.011 Liberal construction of law to be public policy.
- Section 610.015 Votes, how taken.
- Section 610.020 Notice of meetings, when required--recording of meetings to be allowed, guidelines, penalty--accessibility of meetings--minutes of meetings to be kept, content--voting records to be included.
- Section 610.021 Closed meetings and closed records authorized when, exceptions.
- Section 610.022 Closed meetings, procedure and limitation--public records presumed open unless exempt--objections to closing meetings or records, procedure.
- Section 610.023 Records of governmental bodies to be in care of custodian, duties--records may be copied but not removed, exception, procedure--denial of access, procedure.
- Section 610.024 Public record containing exempt and nonexempt materials, nonexempt to be made available--deleted exempt materials to be explained, exception.
- Section 610.025 Electronic transmission of messages relating to public business, requirements.
- Section 610.026 Fees for copying public records, limitations--fee money remitted to whom--tax, license or fee as used in Missouri Constitution Article X, Section 22, not to include copying fees.
- Section 610.027 Violations--remedies, procedure, penalty, purposeful violations--validity of actions by governing bodies in violation--governmental bodies may seek interpretation of law, attorney general to provide.
- Section 610.028 Legal defense of members of governmental bodies, when--written policy on release of information required--persons reporting violations exempt from liability and discipline.
- Section 610.029 Governmental agencies to provide information by electronic services, contracts for public records databases, requirements, electronic services defined--division of data processing may be consulted.
- Section 610.030 Injunctive relief authorized.
- Section 610.032 Executive agency disclosure of closed records, purpose, procedure--executive agency defined.
- Section 610.035 State entity not to disclose Social Security number, exceptions.
- Section 610.100 Definitions--arrest and incident records available to public--closed records, when--record redacted, when--access to incident reports, record redacted, when--action for disclosure of investigative report authorized, costs--application to open incident and arrest reports, violations, civil penalty--identity of victim of sexual offense--confidentiality of recording.
- Section 610.103 Criminal background check completed without fee, when.
- Section 610.105 Effect of nolle pros--dismissal--sentence suspended on record--not guilty due to mental disease or defect, effect--official records available to victim in certain cases.
- Section 610.106 Suspended sentence prior to September 28, 1981, procedure to close records.
- Section 610.110 Failure to recite closed record excused--exceptions.
- Section 610.115 Penalty.
- Section 610.120 Records to be confidential--accessible to whom, purposes.
- Section 610.122 Arrest record expunged, requirements.
- Section 610.123 Procedure to expunge, supreme court to promulgate rules--similar to small claims.
- Section 610.124 Destruction of arrest records--removal from all electronic files--FBI requested to expunge--protest to expungement, procedure.
- Section 610.125 Failure to comply with expungement order, penalty--knowingly using expunged record for gain, penalty.
- Section 610.126 Expungement does not deem arrest invalid--department of revenue may retain records necessary for administrative actions on driver's license--power to close or expunge record, limitation.
- Section 610.130 Alcohol-related driving offenses, expunged from records, when--procedures, effect--limitations.
- Section 610.140 Expungement of certain criminal records, petition, contents, procedure--effect of expungement on employer inquiry--lifetime limits.
- Section 610.140 Expungement of certain criminal records, petition, contents, procedure.
- Section 610.175 Flight log records after flight, open public records for elected members of executive and legislative branches.
- Section 610.200 Law enforcement agency log or record of suspected crimes, accidents or complaints, available for inspection and copying.
- Section 610.205 Crime scene photographs and video recordings closed records, when--disclosure to next-of-kin or by court order--inapplicability.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.