2016 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXIV BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS (361-385)
Chapter 379 Insurance Other Than Life
Section 379.1700 Definitions.
379.1700. As used in sections 379.1700 to 379.1708, the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Digital network", any online-enabled application, software, website, or system offered or utilized by a transportation network company that enables the prearrangement of rides with transportation network company drivers;
(2) "Personal vehicle", a vehicle that is used by a transportation network company driver and is:
(a) Owned, leased, or otherwise authorized for use by the transportation network company driver; and
(b) Not a taxicab, limousine, or for-hire vehicle under chapter 390;
(3) "Prearranged ride", the provision of transportation by a driver to a rider, beginning when a driver accepts a ride requested by a rider through a digital network controlled by a transportation network company, continuing while the driver transports a requesting rider, and ending when the last requesting rider departs from the personal vehicle. A prearranged ride shall not include shared expense carpool or vanpool arrangements or transportation provided using a taxi, limousine, or other for-hire vehicle under chapter 390;
(4) "Transportation network company", a corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, or other entity that is licensed and operating in Missouri that uses a digital network to connect transportation network company riders to transportation network company drivers who provide prearranged rides. A transportation network company shall not be deemed to control, direct, or manage the personal vehicles or transportation network company drivers that connect to its digital network, except if agreed to by written contract;
(5) "Transportation network company driver" or "driver", an individual who:
(a) Receives connections to potential riders and related services from a transportation network company in exchange for payment of a fee to the transportation network company; and
(b) Uses a personal vehicle to offer or provide a prearranged ride to riders upon connection through a digital network controlled by a transportation network company in return for compensation or payment of a fee;
(6) "Transportation network company rider" or "rider", an individual or persons who use a transportation network company's digital network to connect with a transportation network driver who provides prearranged rides to the rider in the driver's personal vehicle between points chosen by the rider.
(L. 2016 S.B. 947)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.