2015 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS (556-600)
Chapter 578 Miscellaneous Offenses
Section 578.176 Beginning January 1, 2017--Bear wrestling--penalty.
578.176. 1. A person commits the offense of bear wrestling if he or she:
(1) Wrestles a bear;
(2) Permits bear wrestling to be done on any premises under his or her charge or control;
(3) Promotes, conducts, or stages bear wrestling;
(4) Advertises bear wrestling;
(5) Collects any admission fee for bear wrestling;
(6) Purchases, sells, or possesses a bear which he or she knows will be used for bear wrestling;
(7) Trains a bear for bear wrestling;
(8) Subjects a bear to surgical alteration for bear wrestling.
2. The offense of bear wrestling is a class A misdemeanor.
(Adopted by Initiative, Proposition A, § C, November 3, 1998, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491)
(2000) Proposition A did not violate constitutional requirements of single subject and clear title. United Gamefowl Breeders Ass'n. of Missouri v. Nixon, 19 S.W.3d 137 (Mo.banc).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.